Church of Ognisanti
|
The façade of the church. | |
| Full Name | |
| Local Name | |
| Hours of Operation | |
| Service Times | |
| Cost of Admission | |
| Church Information | |
| Year Founded | |
| Current Use | |
| Denomination | |
| Technical Details | |
| Church Code | |
| Longitude Coordinate | |
| Latitude Coordinate | |
The Chiesa di Ognisanti, or Ognisanti as it is locally known, was founded in the year 1472 and is a Catholic church.
History
This church and convent were founded in the 15th century by Cistercian nuns who migrated from the island of Torcello. They brought with them many of the paintings that hung in the church before it was suppressed by Napoleon in 1806. The church was last rebuilt during the 16th century. The convent and church were converted to a school for girls in the 19th century, and then elderly housing. It is now part of the Universita Ca'Foscari.
Structure of Building
Exterior
Bell Tower
Floor Map
The image below depicts the floor plan of Ognisanti, including the location of the Church Floor Artifacts.
Map
See Also
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||
References
- ↑ Lorenzetti, Giulio. “Venice and its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide” Edizoni LINT S.R.L. Italy. 1994.
- ↑ Cotton, Jeff. “Churches of Venice” 2012. http://churchesofvenice.co.uk/index.htm
External Links